Wawasee Community School Corporation Parents and Community,
With several cases of COVID-19 now being reported in Indiana and at least one district closing for two weeks as a result of the illness, we wanted to communicate with you regarding what could happen here at Wawasee if we had cases of the illness. We are unable to say exactly what our plan will be, as some of that could be dictated for us. Know that we are working with our county health department as well as being kept up to date with communications from the Indiana Department of Education and the Indiana State Department of Health.
In the event we would have to close either specific schools or the district for an extended period of time, we have received permission from the Wawasee Board of School Trustees for flexibility on the number of consecutive eLearning days we can hold. We all want education to continue at the highest possible level.
What are some preventative measures you can take with your child to limit the impact of COVID-19?
● Stay home when sick – at least 24 hours after you no longer have a fever or
signs of a fever without the use of fever-reducing medications.
● Cover coughs and sneezes with an elbow or a tissue that then goes into the
● Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
● Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects.
● Do not touch face, eyes, mouth with your hands.
Wawasee is committed to the health and safety of the students and staff.
P.S. Wawasee is working on additional cleaning procedures for buildings and buses.